This scientific code of ethics statement is a statement of the code of ethics for all parties involved in the scientific journal publication process, namely managers, editors, bestari partners, and authors. The Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications essentially upholds three ethical values in publication, namely (i) Neutrality, namely freedom from conflicts of interest in publication management; (ii) Justice, namely granting authorship rights to those entitled to be authors; and (iii) Honesty, namely free from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism in publications. The following is the Publication Ethics of the Journal of Management and Information Technology (JMTI) adapted from the Core Practice Ethics Publication Committee (COPE) publicationethics.org
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Managers
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Define the relationship between publishers, editors, bestari partners, and other parties in a contract.
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and bestari partners.
- mplement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights.
- Review journal policies and submit them to authors/writers, board of editors, bestari partners, and readers.
- Create code of conduct guides for editors and bestari partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of funding sources for the continuation of journal publication.
- Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Preparing permits and other legal aspects.
Editor Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet the needs of readers and authors/writers.
- Strive to improve the quality of publications in a sustainable manner.
- Implement a process to ensure the quality of published papers.
- Prioritize freedom of expression objectively.
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record.
- Deliver corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies when necessary.
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the contents and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author/writer.
- Actively solicit the opinions of authors, readers, bestari partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications, encourage an assessment of the journal if there are findings.
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethical Clearance form that has been approved by the Ethics Clearance Commission.
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about publication ethics.
- Assess the effect of publication policies on the attitudes of authors/writers and bestari partners and improve them to increase responsibility and reduce mistakes.
- Have an open mind to new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions.
- Not defending one's own opinion, the author or a third party which may result in an objective decision.
- Encouraging authors/writers, so that they can make improvements to their written works so that they are worthy of publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Bestari Partners
- Receiving assignments from the editor to review written works and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material for determining the feasibility of a written work for publication.
- Reviewers may not conduct a review of written works that involve themselves, either directly or indirectly.
- Maintain the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input and recommendations.
- Encouraging authors/writers to make improvements to written works.
- Re-examine the written work that has been corrected according to predetermined standards.
- Papers are reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author legality, conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities of Author/Writer
- Ensure that those included in the list of authors/writers meet the criteria as authors/writers.
- Take collective responsibility for the work and the contents of the article including methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the research.
- Respond to comments made by bestari partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if he will withdraw his written work.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.